Saturday, January 12, 2013

First Thrift Store Find!

So today after visiting the post office, and picking up a lovely cup of Starbucks blonde roast coffee, I decided to visit the local Salvation army. It seems like the last time I've visited any thrift store all the toys are in clean plastic bags. I remember as a kid getting to dig through bins of vintage toys at our Goodwill. This salvation army had shelves upon shelves on Beanie Babies, which I collected as a kid but I will never feel the need to buy any more of those (I'm sure we have at least 100). There were a few Care Bear Plush animals, but after inspecting the tags they were from 2004.

And then I noticed a little green haired doll sitting all alone among the stuffed toys. I didn't think twice before picking her up. She had $.49 written on her foot, and I figured fifty cents isn't bad for any toy! And once she was purchased and slipped into my purse I checked Ghost of the Doll and sure enough she is a 1981 Strawberry Shortcake doll named Lime Chiffon. She may be missing her parrot, socks (poor girl) and shoes, but her hat is still held on her head with a tag and overall I am so happy I rescued her! Not bad for my first thrift store trip!

2 comments:

  1. Wonderful find - and she even has her hat!

    I also find this site to be really helpful for SSC IDing:
    http://www.strawberry-shortcake.net/CollectorsInfo/Vintage.htm

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was so happy she had her hat still! And it still has the plastic tag that new toys come with! Just need to find her accessories now! And thanks for the site!

    ReplyDelete