Saturday, January 12, 2013

Jewelry House

A lot of Charmkins I ordered on eBay came in today! I was super excited opening up the tissue paper wrapped pieces and discovered some of the new ones were in better condition than the ones I already had. I was lucky enough to add a few more sets to my collection. 


I was so excited to finally have the Charmkins Jewelry House so all my Charmkins could be stored inside. I was a bit disgusted by the state of it however. I should have taken some before pictures because this house was grimy! There was a brown sludge like substance all over the flowers on the awning, a dead spider in the widows walk, and tons of gunk in the shingles. So I set to work with a bottle of cleaning spray, some paper towels, and a huge number of q-tips and began cleaning. 1 hour later I was much happier with the house! Some of the stickers are still discolored, and there is some weird wear around the front steps and side porch, but overall its looking better. The front awning cleaned up nicely. The only part I'm still unhappy with is the shingles. I feel like the makers of Charmkins knew it would be hard to clean someday. But now I finally have a cute house for Charmkins photos!



Outside of Jewelry House


Inside with some Visitors




No comments:

Post a Comment