Sunday, January 20, 2013

Serendipity

While out getting art supplies today, I found a new thrift store. Even though I told myself I didn't really need to stop, I did anyway. This one was in a more populated area, and once inside the place was a bit of a zoo. It took me a minute to find the toys, but once I did I took my time. There were a few G3 ponies, but I had convinced myself I didn't need to collect those. I also found some Snow White Dwarf toys that I had as a kid, but I also didn't feel the need to collect those either. I was starting to become convinced there was nothing here when literally right in front of me I saw a small plastic baggy full of what looked like stickers. I saw Serendipity in the corner and knew I found something.
 
As a kid we had the Serendipity movie. If you haven't seen it, its quite amusing. I personally have loved it since childhood, and still get the theme song stuck in my head once in awhile. I also had a few of the books including "Morgan Morning" and "Leo the Lop". This find was pretty exciting for me! I had no idea how many sheets were inside, but for $1.49 I didn't really care. After waiting in an absurdly long checkout line, I went to my car and ripped the baggy open. I found these beautiful picture transfer sheets dated 1981. Not bad for a Sunday.





No comments:

Post a Comment